St. Joseph Catholic Education Scholarships
Need Based Catholic Education Scholarships
St. Joseph Ypsilanti (SJY) is pleased to offer Catholic education need-based tuition assistance to our parishioners. The application period is now open until April 15, 2023. If you have questions about scholarship aid, please contact Margie Sauter.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
1) Applicants must be St. Joseph Catholic Church parishioners based on:
a) attend St. Joseph at three Sunday Masses per month
b) active in the sharing of time, talent and treasure commensurate with family ability
c) membership will be verified with the Pastor
2) Students for whom aid is being requested are enrolled in a Catholic school or a Catholic Homeschool Cooperative
3) If available, have applied for financial aid at that school/cooperative. This will be verified with the Catholic School/Cooperative by
4) Applicants must (annually) complete the online St. Joseph tuition assistance request form by the April 15th deadline.
5) Fill out a FACTs application (for FGR but will be used for our purposes - Note that there is a $35 fee to submit it) FILL OUT FACTs APPLICATION
From Father Pieter: "Last summer our parish established a “Scholarship Fund” for need-based assistance for K-12th grade Catholic education (to help our parishioners afford Catholic education). We put $100,000 of “seed money” into a savings account with the Diocese of Lansing, with the plan to distribute up to $15,000 in tuition assistance annually (we distributed $15,000 this year but the total assistance requested was $23,400 for 18 children from our parish for Catholic school/education). We are blessed with some of the best catholic schools and homeschool programs in the country right here in Ypsilanti (especially Huron Valley Catholic School!). Please help us form disciples and saints at our parish by helping families choose Catholic school/homeschool. Please consider donating to the 'St. Joseph Catholic Education–Need-based Scholarship Fund.'"
Father Pieter and Bishop Boyea both strongly encourage families to seek a Catholic education for their children. Click here to find out more about the Catholic school opportunities in the Diocese of Lansing.
Our parish has set aside funds for these need-based scholarships, but we are also accepting donations. If you are able to donate to our Catholic Education Scholarship Fund, please donate today online or by writing ‘Scholarship Fund’ on the memo line of your check. We anticipate the need to be greater than the funds available. Your donation will lessen that gap. Thank you!